Thursday, June 11, 2015

Frank Meets Adichie

Saw this over on Abbey Christine's Clever Craft Blog (I was first introduced to her when I shopped at the Renegade Handmade shop in Chicago - online shopping, that is.) yesterday and loved it. I had completely forgotten all about Lisa Frank and her fun and, let's face it, outrageous, artwork from back in the day. I definitely had a ton of her stickers and if memory serves, a folder or two and maybe some pens and pencils... Anyway, this one spoke to me the loudest because I am a feminist that believes change needs to start with children and teaching them that masculinity and femininity are fluid. They are what you as the individual believe them to be. I am not considered feminine at all, but I am beyond any doubt, female, and I feel very feminine, even in my boyish looking clothes and hairstyle.


A huge shout out to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie for the above statement. You are a brilliant lady.

No comments: