Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Simeone with Jaeden

In my quest to see more of the City of Brotherly Love, Jaeden and I went to the Simeone Automotive Foundation Museum yesterday afternoon. Just a stone's throw from the Philly Int'l Airport, I got Jaeden in Fishtown and we were at Simeone in under twenty minutes. I had no expectations, just a hope to see a Maserati and I was not disappointed - it was exquisite. Jaeden had a blast and took pictures of every single car so that he could post them on Facebook and make his dad jealous.

Thankfully the place wasn't crowded at all and we could leisurely walk a few paces behind the fellas in front of us and take our time checking out the cars. I'm no gearhead, but I can definitely appreciate a beautiful automobile, and this place had plenty.

1951 Allard J2

1931 Bentley
1926 Bugatti Type 35
1933 Auburn V12 Speedster
My absolute favourite was the 1938 Bentley Coupe in a shade of green both hideous and gorgeous with red rims that are to die for. I could be a World War II undercover agent or a gangster's moll in this baby. Scratch that, I could be the detective posing as a gangster's moll and then bust the whole lot of them and be on the front pages of every newspaper in the country. "Extree, Extree - Federal Agent poses as mob mistress to take down the Suggins Gang - read all about it!!!!"

1955 Mercedes Benz Gullwing
 Jaeden, goofing off in front of the 1966 Corvette Stingray
The scary side seat on the 1922 Paige Daytona Speedster left us perplexed. Who on Earth would ever choose that seat? I mean, run along side the car before you take that option. That passenger is just asking for a face full of bugs and a couple whacks in the puss with some low hanging branches. Yeesh!

1956 Jaguar D-Type - so funky and space age!

And I got to see my Maserati (1956 300S) - what a beauty...

1962 Ferrari 250GT
1936 Bugatti 57G "Tank"
The next time I go I think I'll plan ahead and bring my big ass Nikon and take better photos. For now, these will have to suffice, even though nothing beats seeing these incredible vehicles in person. If only I could sit in one...I know, I know, fat chance. But a girl's gotta have dreams!

No comments: