Monday, May 19, 2014

Jack Weston

(photo kidnapped from cineplex

I re-watched The Four Seasons (one of my absolute favourite favourite films) and seriously, Jack Weston has thee best lines in the entire movie. I mean, his delivery is spot on every single time. Weston is extraordinary and his performance as Danny makes him my favourite character in the film.

Ya hear this? I can sculpt a bicuspid that could fool God himself, but I'm just a dentist.

-Did Einstein say that?
Newton, Isaac Newton, inventor of Mu Shu Pork.

We owe the depth, breadth, and height of this friendship to the world's most ancient emotions. Fear and panic.

Claudia, you're not nauseated.

I haven't used salt or mucus products for three years and I feel just great.

These people are vicious. They're ill. We're traveling with a group of ill people.

You don't understand the soul of a car like this. It was born for speed. I'm in complete control... 
A station wagon is a car. A Mercedes is a thoroughbred. Every so often it needs to be taken on the open road and challenged... 
Don't eat! Don't eat! The crumbs go down in the upholstery. You'll never get it out. The car will look like the bottom of a bird cage.

How come everyone thinks I'm paranoid? You discuss this behind my back, don't you?

-I just say what I think.
Well maybe that's the problem. Why do you always have to say what you think? You think your thoughts should just fall down from your brain onto your tongue like a gumball machine!

I'm not paying for this. This is your expense!

What the hell am I gonna do with a rusty Mercedes?

Pure genius. And we would expect nothing less when the words written come from the mind of Alan Alda.

No comments: