Saturday, May 17, 2014

Film Reviews from Nana Irma

Nana was telling me of two films that she wanted me to see - The Catered Affair and Now, Voyager. "Dear, after you see Catered Affair, you'll feel like a millionaire." Well, I can definitely get behind that. I told her I've seen Now, Voyager at least a dozen times and absolutely love it. We both agree that Paul Henreid is gorgeous and Bette Davis is a sensation, but oh, that Claude Rains...he was superb in this film, no doubt about it. Nan went on to say, "That's why I like the old movies. There's so much profanity in movies today and most of it is entirely unnecessary. Except Midnight Run. Any profanity in that film was completely necessary. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it. It's marvelous. Charles Grodin and DeNiro should do more pictures together."

 
 

(all photos kidnapped from moviepostershop)

No comments: