Monday, February 17, 2014

True Detective

(photo kidnapped from indiewire)

I'd been hearing a bit about this series but seeing as I don't have television I never got a chance to really check it out until last night. After Pax and I watched the latest Downton Abbey ep it was Bishop's turn with the remote. He is currently addicted to True Detective. No surprise since he's somewhat infatuated with Woody Harrelson (who isn't?) and so he caught me up on what the show is all about. "It's very dialogue driven," he said, "It's not so much about the case as it is the detectives themselves." I was all-in at that point. So often with cop shows it focuses only on the cases and you rarely get an in-depth look into the lives of the characters. We settled in and checked out last week's episode and merged right into this week's and I'm already completely hooked. Sunday night can't come fast enough.

No comments: