Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Main Event

Ashlee and Sean's wedding day finally arrived! I was a nervous wreck all week, as I dread any and all social situations, but everything worked out and it was a completely gorgeous evening.

I tend to feel like I'm an after-thought for everyone that I know, so it was particularly endearing to me that once word reached the bride that I was in the building, she sent her sister, Nicole, to come get me. When Nicole couldn't track me down, Ashlee sent her father to find me. Matt then brought me back to the room where Ash was getting ready. All she wanted was to say hello, I love you, and to check out the dress I was wearing. How sweet is that? She's in the final few minutes of preparation for her walk down the aisle and she wanted to see me. (by the way - thank you ModCloth - my dress was a huge hit!)

Then at the night's end, as I was saying so long to Sean, he asked me to take down his cell number so we could stay in touch when he's back in Washington State. I warned him that I will be text message stalking him at every turn and he seems totally fine with that.

My wish is for Ashlee and Sean to be together until the end of time and share nothing but fabulously joyous moments. They are such an ideal couple and I'm just bananas over my new nephew-in-law!!


(I really liked that they had a small table set up with beautiful flowers surrounding a photo of Ashlee with her mom. Donna would have had a blast and tore up the dance floor to Single Ladies and Sweet Caroline. She was, without any doubt, seriously missed. Her absence was palpable.)

No comments: