Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pineapple Express

(photo kidnapped from cinema.theiapolis)

Finally hung out with my lil' brother and my sister-in-law last night and got a chance to see (and love) This Is the End. With all the references to Pineapple Express it was impossible to not reminisce about how that movie is also pretty damn hilarious. However, and frankly, I've no idea how I stumbled upon this, if you haven't seen Pineapple Express dubbed in French then you are seriously missing out on even more laughs. Few things are as strangely hysterical as hearing Danny McBride's character say the word "butthole" with a pitch perfect French accent. (Truth be told, I actually sneered the first time I heard this line, since it was one of the more crass moments and was really kinda gross. But in French? Oh, it's a god damn laugh riot.) I am telling you, I have seen this film at least a half dozen times and five of those have been in French. Do yourselves a favour and check it out.

No comments: