Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Best Weekend Ritual

It's quite simple, really, but my favourite thing to do on weekends is to spend it alone. Me, in my undies and wifebeater, curled up in the recliner I inherited from my grandparents, watching a television series that I picked up at the library and being totally at peace. On the end table is a glass of Martinelli's Apple Cider because it's fabulous, and either a giant bowl of fresh fruit or, ideally, some margherita pizza. Most recently on the telly I've watched Community season two, Mad Men season three, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman season one, and Boardwalk Empire season one. I tend to multi-task, so while the shows are on I tend to write and do a little work, or keep up my correspondence with my fantastic niece, Isabella and my cousin Emily. It is there under a giant fuzzy blanket where I am truly relaxed and at ease and laugh the loudest. Probably 'cause no one's watching. Sadly, it will be another three weeks til my schedule will allow a weekend such as this, but luckily I am an incredibly patient woman.

No comments: