Saturday, September 3, 2011

Young Again

Few people in this world are as hip and cool as my Nana. She currently has five, count them, five celebrity crushes. Her first love is of course, Skeet Ulrich. Ever since watching The Magic of Ordinary Days, Nana has seen as many of his films and television series as possible. Recently she discovered Benicio del Toro, whom she refers to as del Toro because she cannot pronounce his first name no matter how many times I teach her. She saw him in Excess Baggage last month and found him to be delightfully charming. There aren't too many of his films that I think she would enjoy, so I gave her Things We Lost in The Fire and The Wolfman to check out. She wasn't crazy about Things (too serious for her taste) but thoroughly enjoyed Wolfman. "The blood didn't bother me, dear. I just slept with the lights on," she told me matter-of-factly. Other favourites are Johnny Depp, Chris O'Donnell, and Brad Pitt, but none compare to her favourite fella, "Oh all these handsome young actors! Makes me wish I was twenty years old again - but only for Skeet." Count your lucky stars, gentlemen. The classiest, most elegant woman ever to walk the earth thinks that you are all wonderful.

No comments: