Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Dark Forest

In the midst of a dream I find myself wandering through a darkened wood. The moon is a fingernail clipping and we are in the autumn of the year. Stars fill the heavens as I feel the echoes of crinkling leaves and crunched pinecones beneath my feet.
There's a cremation of ashes swirling in the air, mixing with the smells of coffee and grief. The wind that sifts through the trees whisper stories that only I get to hear. I am approaching the clearing deep in the farthest reaches of The Dark Forest.
A soft, gentle voice speaks with the solemn rolling of the night clouds. It's dreamy weather and as twilight draws near, I awaken calling out for Alice.

(for blaine)

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

Remember ice skating is not encouraged in the Dark Forest.

Star said...

i think kate bush warned us all about skating on the ice in that forest...