Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten

Last year I began what I hope will remain a new tradition on this date - a mini pilgrimage to Grounds for Sculpture. Marina and I went together in 2010 and it was a fabulous day. She had never been there before and I was so glad that she got to see some of Keith Haring's work up close and personal (he's my favourite artist of all time)
Today I will be going with Melissa. We won't be able to escape the day's topic, and that's as it should be, but we will make the day something good, rather than focus on what happened to us all those ten years back. After Grounds, I will stop and see my mom, who was the first to tell me the news that day, and then I'll head over to Bishop's. His hug was what made everything that day seem like it will be okay. I'm so looking forward to seeing him and scoring yet another of his spectacular hugs.

(Resting at the Spring by Allan Houser)

(First Love by Itzik Benshalom)

(Birth of the Messenger by Viktor)



(dear marina, i miss you lots and lots and can't wait til you come home in december. know i'm thinking of you as i do every day.)

No comments: