Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nocturne

XPQ-21 featuring Jeyenne - Gumpie's Return
Funker Vogt - Killing Fields
Cubanate - Body Burn
Icon of Coil - Floorkiller
In Strict Confidence - Kiss Your Shadow
Neuroactive - Visualize
Switchblade Symphony - Witches
Apotheosis - O Fortuna
Beborn Beton - Another World
Neuroactive - Put Your Trust in Me
Mesh - You Didn't Want me
VNV Nation - Kingdom
Covenant - Stalker
Plasmic Honey - The Funeral

~mix by Lori Koelsch~

At the turn of the century, I was known to frequent certain clubs in the City of Brotherly Love that catered to the Goth community. I, at the time, had either blue-black or purple hair and am also extremely pale. Aside from that, I am far from goth. But I did so love to dance to the music. Melissa, Lori and I all worked together and we all went clubbing together. We were young and fantastic and listening to the mix that Lori made me of all my favourite club songs, always takes me back. Back to the days when I would stomp my Doc Martens surrounded by fog and flashing lights and smoke cigarettes while I danced. (God, those were the days...) Lori in her Type-O Negative shirt and black mini skirt, Melissa in her motorcycle tank with knee high boot and short skirt and me with my black floor length ball gown skirt and tight black shirt. We were a sassy sight to behold.

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

Dear Lord I thought I was the only one with a Funker Vogt song! Mine's "Nuclear Winter"!

Star said...

i don't know that one!! perhaps on a future dark forest mix?? a goth based one? hey - speaking of which - i can't leave comments for some reason on The Dark Forest. it always comes up anon. but i read EVERY post!!