Sunday, March 6, 2011

Star ♥ Ash

I just spent the weekend with my niece, Ashlee. Friday night was spent playing Gambler and listening to Erik Satie 'til the wee hours of the morning. We got up bright and early Saturday and had our usual breakfast of peanut butter and jelly on waffles as we watched Drop Dead Gorgeous and then moved on to Lovely, Still. Finally it was nearing 1 o'clock and the two of us jumped outta our pj's, got dressed and headed out to see The Adjustment Bureau - which we both totally adored. Then it was home for mac and cheese w/veggie dogs, followed by junk food and Music and Lyrics. Later while our pizza was heating up we played WarioWare and then Ashlee kick-started her life anew as I introduced her to Veronica Mars. After the first episode she was hooked and begged and pleaded with me to tell her who killed Lilly Kane. But I would not yield - she would have to wait til our next weekend. Sunday morning we made it to disc 3 but sadly, I had to deliver Ash back home by 3pm. When I arrived back at my place I found this note stuck on my kitchen wall:On the back she had written: remember you said i have to think of something everytime i think of you and i got it - it's everytime i pick my nose and itch my butt ♥ cant wait till the next time i see you love! i always look forward to our crazy weekends together we always eat so much ♥ your the best

That just made my whole freakin' year. My nieces, Ashlee and her older sister Nicole, are always vocal with their love and appreciation, but this little note was above and beyond.

No comments: