Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Matt Damon

(photo kidnapped from justjared.buzznet)

Actually, I am a mere one degree of separation from Mr. Damon. Back in the early Aughts I worked with Lisa O'Donnell of Cambridge, Mass. She told me that one time she was heading back home on the train from 30th Street in the early 90s and swore that she saw the hot bad boy from School Ties across the way. She wanted to talk to him to get a better look and asked if he'd like to take the window seat and she'd take the aisle. Lame, but she said it was totally him. She also said that he was so hot that part of her face started to melt.
As for my personal opinion, I've always admired the choices Matt Damon makes regarding his career. I first took note of him in Courage Under Fire and how could you not? His physical transformation was startling. Later, when I saw him in Good Will Hunting I was blown away by his total immersion into the character. After he exploded onto the scene, he went on to work with some of the greatest directors in the biz (Coppola, Minghella, Soderbergh, The Farrelly Brothers, Spielberg, Gilliam, Scorsese, and Eastwood, The Coen Brothers) and I was always secretly proud of him and the roles he took on; I still am. The Adjustment Bureau was spectacular and showcased yet another flawless performance.

No comments: