Monday, March 14, 2011

Meryl Streep

(photo kidnapped from perfectpeople)

Is there anyone who doesn't love everything about this woman? She's the most talented actress of her generation, if not, of all time. But alas, this all goes without saying. Trying to remember when it was that I first heard of Ms. Streep is akin to wondering when you first heard of Fred Astaire. You've somehow magically always known of her. My favourite performance is a toss up between Doubt and The Bridges of Madison County. Bridges is not one of my favourite films of Ms. Streep's - the scenes with her children need to be cut out completely in order to make it watchable - but every movement she makes in that film is a movement to revel in. She's flawless. But, wait....what about Kramer vs. Kramer, and Julie & Julia!!! ooo...and Out of Africa and Postcards from the Edge and It's Complicated and The Hours....Damn it, I just can't choose; don't make me.

(photo kidnapped from thattouchofchic)

No comments: