Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Amy Adams

(photo kidnapped from nydailynews)

I suppose the first movie I saw of Ms. Adams' was Psycho Beach Party. She was simultaneously adorable and annoying as Marvel Ann. After I saw Drop Dead Gorgeous and The Wedding Date I started to recognize her and began to know her by name. She was cute as the Purse Girl, Katy, on The Office but it wasn't until Junebug that I came to see her as a truly gifted actress. Again, I have to say that I admire Amy Adams for the same reason I admire all of my favourite actors; because of the roles she chooses and how different they are from one another - Princess Giselle in Enchanted could not be further from Sr. James in Doubt or from Rose in Sunshine Cleaning. As Charlene in The Fighter, she played the tough talking, no shit-taking girlfriend to Mark Wahlberg and Amy chewed up her lines and spat them out. Hopefully now people will see her as one of those rare actors that can fill in dramatic roles as effortlessly as they can comedic roles, cause this gal is more than capable.

(photo kidnapped from fusedfilm)

No comments: