Monday, January 17, 2011

Moron, Your Bus Is Leaving...

(photo kidnapped from bookhills)

This morning at work I was stoked to begin listening to my recently uploaded audio book of Max Allan Collins' The Hindenburg Murders. Twenty minutes in I was annoyed as hell and totally baffled. It was complete crap - disjointed and all over the place, no character development and no plot to follow. It seemed to just jump immediately into the middle of the story. I literally said, "Maxie, baby, what the hell happened?" Then I looked at my iPod and said, "oh." Yeah, I had forgotten to take it off shuffle mode. As if that's not moronic enough, the exact same thing happened last week when I listened to Donald Sutherland (mega hottie) reading The Old Man and The Sea. How sad that it took me a full twenty minutes to realise this. Once I took it off shuffle and started over, I loved it. How could I doubt my new BFF, Max?? Shame on me...

1 comment:

Cerpts said...

HA HA HA! Yay that made me laugh. . .and I sure could use a laugh lately!