Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mark Wahlberg Weekend

(photo kidnapped from SouthCoastToday)

My niece left for college in the fall and this was the first time since the summer that I got to have her for an entire weekend. A couple months ago we decided that our next weekend together would be dedicated to Mark Wahlberg - a personal favourite of the both of us. It started three years ago when she brought Shooter over and while visiting my parents' house, Nicole informed my mother and I, "Yeah, we're watchin' Shooter like all weekend. Mark Wahlberg has his shirt off for like a half hour. He's dead sexy." It was then that it dawned on me that Nicole was the same age I was when I first fell for Mr. Wahlberg. Since then, she and I have had a standing order to see every new Mark Wahlberg movie together and Friday night, we kicked off our weekend with The Fighter. We followed that up with Date Night, The Italian Job, Four Brothers, and of course, Shooter. Oh, and believe the hype, The Fighter is as good as they say. Melissa Leo (who I adore!!!), Jack McGee (such a phenomenal actor), Christian Bale (he's so convincing as Dicky that it's borderline scary), Amy Adams (whose performance will blow you away), and of course, with Mark Wahlberg it made for one remarkable cast.
As one of her college gifts, I framed an 11x17 copy of the picture below. Needless to say, she freakin' loved it.

(photo kidnapped from take40)

No comments: