Friday, October 8, 2010

84, Charing Cross Road

I get lost reading this book. I'm transported to Helene's shabby chic New York apartment and to the fabulous Marks & Co. book shop across the Atlantic. If I concentrate hard enough, I can smell the leather books and all that fabulous paper. Regardless of how many times I read and re-read 84, Charing Cross I always cry at that one particular letter at the end of the book. You know the one I mean. As soon as I finish the last page I find myself going back to the beginning and reading the letter that started it all.

1 comment:

Cerpts said...

Did I ever tell you that our friend Weaverman actually was inside the book shop Marks & Co. at 84 Charing Cross Road a few times. Of course, way back then he didn't know he was in something special but for all we know he may have even seen Frank Doel himself!