Saturday, March 18, 2023

Happy St. Patrick Swayze Day!!


When I saw that Road House was gonna be playing at The Colonial Theatre I immediately called BFF Amy and told her the news. Today we each drove about two hours, searched and found two parky spots in the same lot and finally reached The Colonial to buy our tickets (sidebar: Amy mentioned to the gents at the ticketing booth that The Blues Brothers would be a marvelous choice for an upcoming classic flick and the one fella said he thought he had heard something about that playing in the not-so-distant future!! If it does we will 100% be there with proverbial bells on no matter if we have to take the day off from work. Ahhh...to see Jake and Elwood on the big screen....) 

Then we hoofed it on down to El Burrito for some tasty grub (chimichanga and guac for Amy and avocado salad for me) while gabbing and listening to Marc Anthony in the background. 



After dinner we decided to go a few doors down to Insomnia Cookies. Amy is a certified cookie lunatic and I gasped aloud when she said, "hey, look, they have vegan cookies!" Huzzah!!! I got a delightful vegan choco chip cook and Amy went full-tilt boogie with a  Big'wich - two chocolate chip cookies with buttercream icing smooshed between them!! 

We reached the theatre with 20 minutes to spare, found our seats up in the balcony and settled in for some hunky Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott viewing. It was such fun and even though it wasn't a packed house, everyone there seemed to really enjoy every minute. They are looking to make this a yearly celebration and frankly, who more that Patrick Swayze deserves to be celebrated? 


After the show we were back in the parky lot where Amy gave me 108 farm fresh eggs from her chickies. We said our goodbyes and our I-love-yous and then I was off to Wayne's house by 10 to deliver 18 eggs. Next up it was a pit stop at Xavier's where Zach let me in and I passed along 54 eggs for their household. He's super buff and into physical fitness and was thrilled to see three 18 egg cartons of protein for him to enjoy. Dave was having a few friends over and the par-tay was still swinging so I made an appearance. I normally have a little anxiety attack at get-togethers but once I was there I was glad I stopped by. Jackson and his poppa were there plus one of Xavier's childhood pals who I hadn't seen in decades, plus family friend Buzz and a few new faces to put with the names I'd heard many times. I finally made it home at 2:30AM (technically I am typing this on the 19th but posting it for the 18th) and ready to turn in. What a fab day!!
(I arrived just after Tom on guitar, Buzz on drums, and Dave on bass, finished jamming. Jax even got in on the action. He's the one that took the above photo.)

No comments: