Sunday, January 29, 2023

December 2022 Books

♥ A Christmas Carol ¹ by Charles Dickens - Tim Curry's narration is stupendous and I have to listen to this every December. 

* A Christmas Story ¹ by Jean Shepherd - This book and Dick Cavett's reading of it was so good. I will def add this to my December must-listen list!

Chrystallia ¹ by P. M. Glaser - I so wanted to love this tale of a brother and sister at Christmas who find themselves flung into the world of Chrystallia but oh my gosh, there were way too many characters and I kept getting everything jumbled. Paul Michael Glaser's narration was fantastic but I think I need to read the physical book to get everything straight and then listen to this again. 

* Skipping Christmas ¹ by John Grisham - This has been one of my mother's fave holiday books and this month I finally gave it a listen. It was good, I loved the idea of a family just saying NO to the holidays and all the nonsense that goes with it. But the ending was unexpected (for me) and I loved it.

* Christmas with Anne ¹ by L.M. Montgomery - I really liked the Christmas with Anne story but the others were just so-so in my opinion.

* The Christmas Train ¹ By David Baldacci - Mum and I watched this movie during Christmas in July on Hallmark. It was good and when I saw that Tim Matheson read the audiobook I decided to give it a shot. Great end to my month of Christmas-y tales!

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: