Sunday, October 31, 2021

31 Spooky Flicks!

This October I decided to watch a spooky, suspenseful, or Halloweenie movie a day. I even enlisted some recommendations from Chrissy, Sean, Wayne, Xavier, Dave, and Kayla. Here's the final tally of films for the month.

♥ Poltergeist
♥ The Car
♥ The Changeling
Ghost Story 
bonus: Peppa Pig's Halloween
House on Haunted Hill (1959)
Hellraiser (eh - this one doesn't count as I fast forwarded through most of it.)
♥ Watcher in the Woods
♥ Mr. Boogedy
The Skull
Hocus Pocus
I Know What You Did Last Summer
♥ The Fog
♥ Halloween
The Curse of Frankenstein 
♥ The Tingler
* The Revenge of Frankenstein 
The Little Vampire
Zombeavers
bonus: ♥ The Mummy (1999)
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark
bonus: The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959)
            ♥ Stranger Things (I know, I know, it's not a film, but I say it counts.)
Halloweentown
♥ The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
Scream
1408
♥ House of the Long Shadows
Horror Express
♥ 13 Ghosts
The Creeping Flesh
♥ Donnie Darko
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Teen Witch
♥ The Exorcist

Sadly, I wasn't able to see Frankenstein Created Woman this month, but Helen Coldwell created another masterpiece for me, which more than made up for it. I asked if I could commission her to sketch Peter so that I could have him displayed in my home and she sent this to me free of charge in honour of Inktober. (Little does she know that I am working on a box of American treats to ship her way sometime next month!)

* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.
(Hellraiser, The Creeping Flesh, and 1408 are tied for the worst of the month. Just big time UGH!)

No comments: