Sunday, May 7, 2017

Next stop...Madrid??

This morning I woke up at 11:30 after ten blissful hours of sleep to see this What's App message from Michel:


We chatted back and forth and then he sent me a slew of snapshots of just beautiful sights. Here are my favourites:











When I said it was nearly as stunning as Antwerpen he replied, "Haha. No No. This city is more beautiful. Really. Believe me. And so many gorgeous men." (Damn it, I should have asked if many of them are bearded....) Michel also said that he speaks about as much Spanish as I do but that he expects I'd be able to manage with very little problem. True to his Belgian roots, he was at a bar having a beer when we finished up our lil' convo. 


Madrid does look lovely and I really would love to see Guernica in person. We shall see...maybe in 2018 if I'm feeling brave.

No comments: