Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Table Top Joe

Years ago I worked at a café not far from my parents' home. It was without question the best job I've ever had. I loved the people I worked with and more so, I loved the customers, many of whom became lifelong friends. I often think of those individuals who I may no longer be in contact with but who touched my life in such a way as to change me forever. One such person was Dave Vaughn. It is because of him that I can now say that Tom Waits is my favourite voice. Alice came out and Dave was obsessed with it. He put it on full blast in the café and I fell in love with every beautiful track. Dave was a fabulous guy with an endearing smile and a charming laugh. He played the tuba and looked like a young Donal Logue.

(here's a foto i took of dave pretending to be a wristwatch model)

2 comments:

Analog Boy in NJ said...

My goodness. I miss old DV. He was such a cool guy.

Star said...

he really was...i ran into him once outside WFM like 5 years ago. he looked über dreamy...