Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday

"how overwhelmingly happy i instantly become when bishop is in a good mood (he's contagious)"
Wednesday nights with one of my favourite fellas is something I look forward to every week, and have for going on four years straight. Sometimes he's down about work and the daily stresses of life and I know it as soon as he opens the door. "heyyy..." means that he won't be chatty and he won't be laughing and he will be falling asleep on the sofa before the night is through. Yet the days where he whips open the front door with a gi-wombus grin on his beautiful face and shouts, "Hiya sweetie!" always tell me that I am in for lots of laughs, great conversation, and delicious snacks. Last week (sick of me donating candles to the family) he stopped me at the threshold, held his hand out in front of him and said, "Candle Patrol. Do you have anything to declare before crossing the border?" Then he burst out laughing at his own whimsical jokie. I knew in that moment that we would have a fabulous evening. And we did. Oh, and I did have candles. Sorry, brother.

2 comments:

Star said...

oh i know, he is so crazy sometimes. after 'lost' is over, you shld consider coming with one tuesday night. we'll watch 'glee' and 'parenthood' then 'will & grace' reruns...

emily rose said...

done deal i wanna see that man!