Thursday, April 25, 2024

March 2024 Books

The Days of Anna Madrigal ¹ by Armistead Maupin

** Mona of the Manor ¹ by Armistead Maupin - Expertly narrated by Mara Wilson and a wonderful read. It more than made up for how much I still detest The Days of Anna Madrigal

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane ¹ by Kate DiCamillo - I was out and about with Lucy on March 9th and she told me all about this great book they are reading in school. I found that Libby had it as an audiobook and we decided to give it a try. Well Jesus Tapdancing Christ, this was one of the most depressing stories EVER! Unbelievably sad. I can't understand how this is for children. I mean even the happy ending didn't make up for the hell that poor bunny had to go through. 

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: