Thursday, March 28, 2024

Happy I'm Alive For and Not Alive For


Happy I Am Alive For:

the cinema
indoor plumbing
heating
air conditioning
travel: land, rail, sea, air
ease of finding vegan food
dental hygiene
the written word
photography
health care
a better world
the XIV Dalai Lama
the Internet
texting!!
excellent TV shows
at-home laundry
swing-sets
tiny houses!
amazon.com (Prime!)

Happy I Wasn't Alive For:

the plague
extreme famine
singing @ (around) a piano forte
corsets
inequality of the sexes
slavery
Jim Crow/whites& coloreds
a life without bathtubs!
religious persecution
rape w/o consequence
World War I
the Holocaust
forced marriages
Vietnam (War)
workhouses
life before radio!
cave dwelling
co-existing w/dinos!
beards being out of fashion
 
I should note that I am well aware that slavery still exists in this world, that many people are persecuted for their religious beliefs, that infinite number of rapes go unpunished, that there are still humans (women and often children) that are forced into marriage, the female sex is still not totally equal, many parts of the world are suffering with plagues and famines, and humans most likely never existed with dinosaurs, but this is a fucking silly game and I wrote the first things that came to mind! And frankly, I am still grateful that I was never alive to co-exist with velociraptors or have to use a "whites only" bathroom. So there.

No comments: