Friday, April 14, 2023

Abbott Elementary

I am beyond hooked on this show, all thanks to Bishop. He told me last January what a hoot it was and so I added it to my list of "to-watch next" and finally got around to signing up for Hulu in June and haven't looked back. So many fantastic characters, funny as hell story lines, and the writing is phenomenal. Oh and it takes place in Philly, my hometown! All the local references make me feel like I'm in with the In Crowd since I know the places and slang that they are talkin' about. This week we met Janine's mom played by the incomparable Taraji P. Henson, who I have loved since she was in Smokin' Aces all those years back. She was freakin' hilarious as a dead-beat mom. I hope Abbott Elementary is a series that continues to soar for several more seasons before ending right at the top of their game. 

(photo kidnapped from tvinsider)

BONUS! Texts between me and Bish:



No comments: