Sunday, February 12, 2023

Stuntboy: In the Meantime

At the end of December Bishop and I went to lunch in Collingswood and popped in to Ida's Bookshop. Whenever I'm there I always head right back to the kids section. I prefer my real-life grown-up books in audio form, but kids books are better when you can hold a physical book in your hands. I spotted a comic-y sort of book that reminded me a bit of the Dog Man series - hardcover and fun. I bought it with the intention of saving it for Black History Month. I am loving it so far! Great idea - awkward and often anxious Portico Reeves decides to be a superhero and his power is to be a stunt-boy. When it looks like someone else may fall or possibly get hurt he dives right in and acts as their stuntman, er, boy. I love it and I saw on Simon & Schuster that there will be a second book!!


(ps - usually Ida's will wrap your books in twine, which I love, but since it was still December, they tied it in a lovely holiday ribbon!)

No comments: