Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Anne With an E

(photo kidnapped from financerewind)

November 23rd of last year I watched season one of Anne With an E. I had FaceTimed with Natalia on the 19th and she told me that she and Brett were enamoured with the series. I had read Anne of Green Gables in April and had myself fallen in love with Anne Shirley. I decided to give the series a try and binged it all in a day. Season one ended with two new boarders coming to stay at Green Gables. They were baddies and it made me hesitate to watch the last two seasons. Finally this week I went back to finish and I'm so glad that I did! True, I did not like the two boarders and I loathe that punk Billy and all the other nasty characters that challenge the goodness of the people of Avonlea, but it's those good people that make the show. It's such a shame that it only lasted for three seasons and that the campaign to bring it back seems to have failed, but at least we had three glorious seasons!





No comments: