Monday, October 18, 2021

Yours Cruelly

When JeffreyMixed posted on his IG account on September 21st a clip from an old Elvira flick. BrianSmithNYC mentioned in the comments about a book. I was a child of the 80s and clearly knew of Elvira, but that was pretty much it. So I went over to Audible and hurrah! she does have a book coming out and it's read by the author. Halloween was right around the corner so I bought it to listen to in October. This is hands down the best book I've read all year. Cassandra Peterson has such great stories to tell and makes the listener feel as though she's lying on her couch telling them all to you over the phone. She's had some not-so-great moments in her life and I so admire the honesty of her sharing that with the public. I've been really feeling my depression lately and that all this is just not worth it. Cassandra has such a soothing way of instilling confidence and calm and I started to feel a bit better when she said We all have our own scars. Let them be a blessing and not a curse. This lady is a class act and I am so grateful that she wrote this book so I could learn all about her wild life.

(Best Elvira line: Revenge is better than Christmas.)

No comments: