Tuesday, October 19, 2021

September 2021 Books

Lucky Man ¹ by Dick Van Dyke - I had read Dick's more recent autobiography, Keep Moving, back in 2017 and finally decided to use an Audible credit and listen to his first memoir. It was just as good and I loved the behind the scenes look at his home life and work life. Just a wonderful man who is so honest about his shortcomings and comes across as genuine and vivacious.

The Two Mrs. Grenvilles by Dominick Dunne - This thinly veiled novel about the life of Ann Woodward with husband Billy Woodward and his murder, possibly accidental, but more than likely planned well in advance by Ann, was absolutely riveting. It was exceptionally well-written and vividly told. I can't wait to choose my next book by Mr. Dunne.

 Forever Young ¹ by Hayley Mills
Confessions of a Prairie Bitch ¹ by Alison Arngrim - As a long-time fan of Little House I was so excited to finally give this book a listen. Time flew by and Alison was cracking me up and then making me cry. What a spectacular gal with a true gift for storytelling.
¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: