Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Renee Cortez

Former co-worker and pen pal bestie, Renee, finally passed away after more than a year of illness. True to her word, she promised that her mother would let me know when she died and yesterday evening I found what is now my last note from her, mailed on the 17th.




That's the one and only photo I have of Renee and it's been tacked up on my bulletin board ever since I got it. Renee was a kooky and kind soul with loads of silly creativity and a devotion to Mormonism. My mailbox will be a much more gloomy place to check, now that it will never have one of her colourful letters covered with stickers. 

Renee Cortez, age 38, passed away on Thursday, June 17, 2021.

Renee was a faithful member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She enjoyed going to church to serve the Lord and spending time with her family and friends. Renee was a loving daughter, granddaughter and a friend to many. She never met a stranger and she was always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone in need. Renee will be sadly missed by all who knew and loved her.


No comments: