Tuesday, June 29, 2021

21 - The Sunset

The Sunset

These are days of glorious sunsets. We've never seen anything like them. Spectacular scenes with big budget effects, intricate patterns with every possible color (and some we've never imagined), and a center so bright that it is impossible to photograph. We're reminded that the sun really is a fireball in the sky and every evening we gather in the park to watch, hoping to commit these beautiful scenes to memory. "Someday I will paint one of these sunsets," says a man who wants to be an artist. "That would be wonderful," we tell him. But he only talks about his plans and never picks up a paintbrush. A few days later there's a change in the air, a shift in the light, and our special sunsets return to normal. They're lost forever and we've forgotten what they looked like. It would have been nice to have a painting so we could remember them.

Action must be taken before the opportunity is lost. Bad habits can cloud judgment. Contemplate the things which bring you joy and use your energy to bring this to others.

(I've been feeling very stuck for a long time in my life and unsettled since the death of Renee, even though I knew it was coming. I really didn't think I'd feel this sad. I picked this one to post because of the "sunset" to her life and typing out and really reading what it says is like a horoscope telling me to not waste away, but to get out there and leave my mark.)

No comments: