Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Reunion with the Boys

I needed to drop off Roark to Xavier so he could take him in to work for an oil change the next day. It was the first time I saw Xave, Mary, Zach, and Jackson since December 2020. Sitting at the kitchen table, I ate cold crinkle cut fries and Sicilian pizza with the cheese yanked off like a long peel of sunburnt skin and deposited in the trash bin, while from a safe distance the boys and I caught each other up on life. Jackson is definitely taller with grown up teeth coming in and even the cats are bigger! They were toddlers when I saw them last and now they are full-fledged teen-kitties. Before leaving I convinced the fellas to do one of my favourite things - take a silly selfie.

(That Superman used to be mine. I gave it to Zach nearly a decade ago. He passed it over to Jax a few years back. I love that he's still being used for acting out wrestling tournaments, being body slammed from a child leaping off an ottoman.)

No comments: