Monday, December 28, 2020

November 2020 Donations

Tees 4 Togo

This month I ordered matching King Ad Rock tees - one for me and one for Jax - and it felt good to know that in return for a coupla shirts, two girls in Togo will be going to school for one year. 

100% of the profits from TEES 4 TOGO go to Peace Sisters a group started by Tina Kampor who has been sending money back to Dapaong, Togo for 15 years so girls in her hometown can attend school.

Each shirt costs $40, which is how much it costs to send a girl to school in Togo for one year.  

The sweatshop-free shirts are collaborations between the artists and the performers who inspired them. They all donated their time and likeness to help girls in West Africa receive the educations they deserve.

- Kathleen Hanna


(photo of Tina Kampor and Kathleen Hanna kidnapped from rollingstone)

The Colonial - Keep The Arts Alive

When my favourite movie theatre in the country falls on hard times, I break out my checkbook and do what little I can to help out. Then a few weeks later I receive this message to my Inbox and feel a sense of joy that maybe The Colonial will survive the pandemic and once again thrive!

It's a holiday miracle!

You made our first-ever Go Fund Me Charity campaign a huge success! Because you donated, we met our $50,000 fundraising goal with time to spare before the December 31st deadline. Thank you so much for giving generously, submitting matching gift requests to your employers, and sharing the campaign with others. 

Please join me in the Low Budget Philanthropy movement and help out your community and beyond in the simplest way - donating any amount to whatever charity or organisation that you care about!

No comments: