Sunday, December 13, 2020

Christmas Package from Renee

The other day I arrived at Mama Rosie's to bake cookies for Amy and discovered a somewhat enormous box in the foyer. "What the hell did I order that's this big??", I thought to myself. Then I checked the return address and saw it was from Renee. I opened it to find this:



Renee is big into gift-giving and tends to be very over-the-top. She means well, but no matter how many times I tell her it's not necessary and that I don't need gifts, she just doesn't listen. The only thing to do in this situation is tear 'em open. I did decide to save two lil' gifties for the 25th but the rest I unwrapped right away. All of the gifts are super thoughtful but there was only one that really was perfect. That one I'll save for last. Here are the contents:




(And the sweet little star pillow is filled with coloured lights and is so soft. She looks so sweet with all my other stuffed pals - that's Héctor the octopus, peapods behind him, Max from The Grinch, lovey dinos, The Snowman, Rodney the Reindeer, Freddie Apple Bear, then above Freddie is Snosey the snowman and Friedrike the wee bear.)

The best of the batch was a calendar of Ireland:


Of all the iconic places in Dublin to photograph and put on the cover of a calendar celebrating all the beauty of both Ireland and Northern Ireland, they chose The Lodge at Blessington Basin in Phibsborough, a mere five minute walk from SLP and my favourite spot in the neighbourhood. I was blown away. Renee had no way of knowing this and I just love it.

(Photo of the lodge taken Christmas Eve 2016 by you-know-who.)

No comments: