Monday, December 14, 2020

Early Christmas Mini-Gathering

Those damn COVID numbers are going up, up, up and so I wanted to see Ashlee, Sean, and the girls one last time until the vaccine is distributed and it's really safe. I know it was risky and foolish but we hadn't been together since May and really needed an afternoon together. We all obey the handwashing and mask rules and pretty much only go to a few places so we felt confident in breaking protocol. It was so nice to pet the pooches (Farley and Bonnie), read Christmas books to the wee ladies, and especially to hug four of my favourite people on Earth and take loads of silly pics. One of the highlights of the day was when Sean told me that he heard Bailey that morning during virtual learning tell her teacher, "Can you hurry up, I have someone coming over." Hilarious! Rude, but so funny.

(Christmas corner with the newest addition - Little Miss Luna kitty pillow for Avery made by Ms. Amber Brown!)


(How adorable is this!?!? Ashlee made cardinals out of the girls' handprints to hang up in Winter. So clever.)


(I picked up Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree last year at one of those Little Free Library boxes and meant to give it to one of the kids for the Books and Cooks Tour but decided to keep it for myself. It's my new favourite Christmas story - it's super sweet and Bailey really liked it.)






No comments: