Tuesday, July 14, 2020

June 2020 Books

The Measure of a Man ¹ by Sidney Poitier - I had purchased a copy of this book years ago and absolutely loved it. When I found that the man himself read the audiobook and that it was unabridged, I instantly downloaded it from the app. It was even better the second time around. Mr. Poitier reads as if he's telling you a story over dinner in a corner booth of a dark restaurant late in the evening. And those really are the best audiobooks. The intimacy just sweeps you away. I had forgotten how much I loved his quote: Find positive outlets for anger or it will destroy (you). I really needed to hear that lately when it seems all I fell is anger. Anger over my situation at my job and the state of my health and home, and rage over what is happening in my country and all the people that are doing all they can to make things worse. This year's mantra is definitely Find positive outlets for anger or it will destroy (you).

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: