Saturday, February 22, 2020

Saturday in Wayne with Wayne

Prior to getting together this afternoon, I researched local restaurants in Wayne that had something we each would enjoy, sent Wayne the top three choices and let him pick. We met at the parky lot and as we crossed Wayne Avenue we decided to go with Christopher's. We were seated and I thought, "this is smaller than I thought and looks totally different..." Then we got the menu which read Matador. I leaned across and told my brother that we were in the wrong place. However, they had avocado toast for me and Wayne was all into a big plate of nachos. All my research was for naught...but it was a lovely discovery in the end. Then we had to go a few stores up to Main Point Books. I restrained myself and only got a couple little things and one book on meditation. I snapped a photo of a book to add to my wish list! Maybe I'll buy it later in the year as a treat for myself.


 

I love to peer in the window of the baby store Kids 'N Kribs and this ADORABLE lion won my heart. Wayne promised to buy it for me should he win the lottery one day. We then went to Gryphon Café so he could grab a mocha and we could chat some more. On the way back to the parky lot we went in to Kids 'N Kribs to see if Wayne's guess on the price ($110) was correct. I asked the wonderfully kind saleswoman who walked to the front of the shop to make sure we were talking about the same furry fella. His name is Mustafa and he is six hundred and fifty dollars. He is alpaca fur and handmade, weighing close to 25 pounds. The extravagant price only made me love him more. So I took a pic through the window then Wayne and I got a selfie with his nose just behind us. Ain't he cute?



No comments: