Sunday, November 10, 2019

Urban Oasis

I'm a dreamer. Full stop. I spend a solid 78% of every day just daydreaming. I love to imagine having a different life. Driving through cute neighbourhoods and seeing the warm glow of a well lit room (one that does NOT contain a massive television) with mirrors and art on the walls, bookcases, and maybe a grand piano. I love to think about one day having a comfortable home rather than my shabby apartment that's a tomb in more ways than one. So when this HGTV contest popped up in my email's Inbox, my daydreaming took hold and I entered. "I could live in Minneapolis," I told myself. If I won this charming home, I could totally imagine starting my life anew in a mid-western city. The decor is the polar opposite of what I would choose, though. I like cozy and warm colours and loads of personality and photographs, but still, I couldn't resist conjuring up images of me living in a clean and organised home with central heating and air conditioning and appliances that work. And closets! Wouldn't that just be the best thing ever? At least for a year...

















No comments: