Saturday, September 28, 2019

September 2019 Books

Hank Zipzer - My Secret Life as a Ping-Pong Wizard by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver

Getting the Pretty Back ¹ by Molly Ringwald - I really didn't care for the advice given in this book. Specifically, I did not like that she presented her opinion on certain things as fact; such as only skinny people should wear skinny jeans. I mean, eye roll. I guess this book was not written for plain, butch broads like myself who can't afford, nor have any desire to own, a pair of Christian Louboutin heels or a Chanel purse. Oh, and how she apparently speaks fluent French but mispronounced Givenchy's first name. That was irritating. Regardless, I still like Ms. Ringwald's acting and films, just not this book.
Dropped Names ¹ by Frank Langella
Demon Dentist ¹ by David Walliams
Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl ¹ by Carrie Brownstein
¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: