Sunday, September 15, 2019

Old Pine Farm

I have no earthly idea as to why I had ever agreed to be out of doors and on a nature walk foraging for mushrooms today, but lo and behold, at mid-day I found myself doing exactly that, at Old Pine Farm out in Deptford with Anne. I morph into my thirteen year old self when outside in the heat. I wanna start cursing and quoting Chunk saying "I hate nature!" and throw a full-on tantrum, but because I am 45 and surrounded by normal people, I kept it all inside. There was a seven-ish year old boy that I immediately felt a kinship with as he whined my every thought. "I'm hung-gree....How much longer is this....How much furrrtherrrr....Two MILES???...My feet are swollen..." Yes, he seriously said that and I thought if he comments on needing to soak in Epsom salts when he gets home I am gonna ask for his mother's phone number to set up a playdate because he and I are soulmates. (His name was Benjamin, he had gorgeous brown eyes and his mother was Dominican.) Regardless of the temperature, it was super interesting and everyone on the walk was very nice. I wished it had been 62 degrees and not 84 since then I would have actually enjoyed it more, but as the old saying goes, if wishes were horses, we'd all be eatin' steak. Am I right? Anywhoozles, here's a coupla pix I took when we reached the wetlands area.





No comments: