Monday, September 2, 2019

List of Good Things


• simple things such as a sesame seed bagel with Miyoko butter and Crofter's strawberry jam (mmm....)
• watching classic movies on the big screen with someone who has never seen them
• daydreaming - always and forever the best thing
• when a baby reaches out for you to take them then lays their head on your shoulder (one of the best feelings on the planet)
• opening my mailbox and discovering a card, letter, or postcard that manages to instantly make me smile and turn my whole day around
• that cool breeze on a hot day that makes it a little bearable to be out-of-doors
• meeting someone you have admired from afar and finding them charming and kind (I'm lookin' at youse, Ann Jillian and John Waters!)
• going to my local market and seeing an employee's face light up when they recognise me (Bonnie at Wegman's and Alex at MOM's are two ladies whose smiles brighten my shopping experience and make me float on a cloud of happiness the rest of the day.)
• sitting in the kitchen at the old house with Mum watching You Tube clips of The Graham Norton Show and cracking up together
• a productive day off of work where I check off all the "to-do's" for the day and have time to put my feet up and watch old eps of Columbo

No comments: