Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Vox Lux Soundtrack

The film Vox Lux starring Natalie Portman (one of my faves!) was an okay movie. I'm glad I saw it and I thought Natalie did a great job as usual but it didn't wow me in any way. The end of the film (spoiler? I guess?) is a long concert. I fast-forwarded through mostly all of it. I wasn't really impressed with the songs because I was too busy being baffled about why the film ended with twenty minutes of live music. I decided to download the soundtrack from Apple music and give it a listen for just what it is, music, and it was a way better experience. It's chock full of fun pop songs, my favourite music for hot Summer weather, and the bonus of Scott Walker's score was the proverbial cherry on top. Oh, and all of the songs were written by Sia, so how cool is that?!


No comments: