Saturday, August 3, 2019

Greetings From Michigan

Earlier this evening I was at Bishop and Pax's for Svengoolie (sidebar: the film was a Hammer Horror film, Evil of Frankenstein, and every time I see Peter Cushing I feel like Michael Fassbender needs to do a biopic and play Cushing. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Just puttin' it out in the universe...). After Sven, Bishop and I were chatting about old friends, and I mentioned Autumn, the friend I've had since July of '76, but sadly never see. I joked about how every year for Christmas she messes up the spelling of my last name, the name of my town, and the zip code. A couple hours later I arrived home to find a postcard from Autumn in my mail slot! With my name and address perfect! I couldn't believe it. 


Dear Lisa - Hello! My mom is visiting us where we stay on Duck Lake State Park in a retro-cool cottage overlooking Duck Lake that feeds into Lake Michigan. We were talking and catching up and your sweet name came up. ☺I hope you are well and able to do some traveling and vacationing, yourself. The weather here has been quite perfect and Matt, the kids, and I are reading voraciously, relaxing significantly, and enjoying well this special place of healing for the 5th summer in a row. Have to make a trip to Phili (sic) one of these days and to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your summer! ♥ Autumn

No comments: