Saturday, March 2, 2019

CCCP

From the mid 1980s all the way through the 90s my brothers, Amy, and I were all huge fans of UB40. My very first concert was With Dave and Wayne at the Mann Music Center in Philly June 9, 1990. This week I bought UB40 CCCP Live in Moscow (it's only $5.99!!) and it brought back so many memories. Hanging out with Amy in our teenage bedrooms we listened to the cassette while daydreaming about our one day marrying our favourite band member. (I fancied lead singer Ali Campbell and Amy had the hots for bassist Earl Falconer.) Not to mention the endless number of times we watched the VHS of the concert. I think one of the greatest things about music is its ability to transport you back and forth through moments in your life. This album holds up well and I still really love it.

No comments: