Sunday, April 29, 2018

St. Mary's Little Free Pantry

After seeing A Quiet Place, Ashlee and I found ourselves on Louella Ave (in Wayne, PA) where I noticed a charming blue cabinet that read St. Mary's Little Free Pantry. I immediately made a mental note that the next time I was in the area I would drop off some goods to add to the pantry. The church is St. Mary's Episcopal Church and it is the quintessential suburban, Main-Street-America kind of church.



I met up with brother Wayne at MOM's and after lunch and lots of chit chat, we shopped for items to add to the cabinet. (I need some good karma.) Together we drove over and BOOM! - a free parking spot a mere eight feet away from the Free Pantry appeared before us. It was meant to be. 




(here's what we added - plus two bags of rice that were tucked behind the mac and cheese.)

Next time I think I'll drop off some more boxed stuff and a couple baby things. Maybe some diapers. Anyways, it was really fun to donate a couple things (I gave one of the Annie's, two little rice bags, the Lentil Veggie soup, Three Bears oatmeal, and Crofter's jam. Wayne gave the other Annie's, Amy's soup, and the yummy peanut butter.) and I hope that whoever grabs them enjoys what we picked!

2 comments:

Joseph said...

I know it's two and a half months late, but thank you so much for your donation. I only stumbled across your post today though. I love it that our neighbors often fill the
Little Free Pantry. Thanks to people like you, it's truly becoming a neighborhood ministry.

Fr. Joseph+

Star said...

Oh my goodness! I just happened to click on the Comments tab and saw that somehow the message you left was out there in cyberspace blogosphere limbo and I never saw it. Here you were worried about replying two and half months late and I'm the one responding almost three YEARS after the fact. Anyways, I've continued to visit the Little Free Pantry many times to drop off goodies and always leave feeling grateful that I can make even a small difference in someone's day. Thank you for your kind comment Fr. Joseph and forgive my crazy-late reply!