Saturday, April 14, 2018

Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve

This afternoon Anne and I went to Bowman's in New Hope. It was featured in A Guide to the Great Gardens of the Philadelphia Region and seemed promising. Two things you should know about me - I do NOT like standing in the sun and I do NOT like tours. I find them tedious and boring (except for Wayne from The Winchester Mystery House) and I always have. But.....I wanted to be a good friend and so off we went. The place was jam packed, but we found parking not far from the Visitor Center. The staff was super friendly and there was just a great atmosphere of excitement coming from them as well as the patrons. We took an hour long tour in the blazing 80°F/26°C heat under a sky with zero clouds and a very angry sun. But I ain't no dummy. I brought my umbrella and used it as a parasol. No sunburn for this betch. Even though our guide, Emily, was exceedingly nice and really informative, there were no fucking flowers. Why didn't Anne mention that we should go in May when things are in bloom?!?! Oy vey. However, I did score a free sticker from Amy Goldstein (a fellow sticker enthusiast, I was to find) and picked up a Vanilla Basil soy candle and some soap in the lil' gift shop. There was pretty much nothing exciting to photograph, but I did get a couple shots that were so-so.




No comments: