Friday, April 13, 2018

Key Lime Martini

This was dessert in a glass. Kim loves a fun flavoured martini when we hit the nÓg, and last night she tried their latest (& just in time for warmer weather!) in the form of Key Lime. It was so good that her eyes bulged nearly out of their sockets at her first sip and she then proceeded to end the conversation we were having and force the glass into my hand, ordering me to try it. Lord, it was absolutely heavenly - a touch of graham-crackery goodness with loads of sweet foam and just the right amount of lime. She ordered three and I stole the last swig from each one of them. Even talking over the empty glasses at the end of the night you could smell them. Like the world's most delightfully fresh aroma, dancing its way into our nostrils. (Sexy, no?) I'm not much of a drinker, but next go around, I may need to get one all my own.


ps - I found this recipe over on Mix That Drink and I think I really need to try this at home....

Key Lime Martini Recipe:

2 ounces vanilla vodka
½ ounce key lime juice or liqueur (or Rose's lime will do in a pinch)
2 tablespoons Coco Lopez cream of coconut.
1 ounce pineapple juice.
1 ounce heavy whipping cream
Graham cracker crumbs

No comments: